Monday, September 10, 2007

151 is the New 43!

YES! I DID IT! That's what I was thinking as I crossed the finish line of my first half-marathon. As a novice runner, this was a huge accomplishment for me. It was even more special to have my husband and daughter there cheering me on.

151 was my race number, and no matter what, I'll always remember crossing that finish line as one of my benchmarks for my 43rd year. Just like everyone, I experience challenges and frustrations. If I ever feel like I can't handle them, I'll have this memory to remind me what I can accomplish.

I want to encourage you to do the same. Create a movie in your mind of your successes. Make it as vivid as possible! Play that movie anytime you hit a rut to remind yourself what you're made of.

When I crossed the finish line into a sea of people, I heard my daughter Gabby yell, "Mom!" and I instantly cried. This one is in my heart forever!

What are you most proud of? Let me know, I'd love to hear your stories.

Take care,

Susan

No comments: